Saturday, April 16, 2011


Jennifer Kersey
Bio-211
E-Portfolio
WELCOME to my journey through Anatomy and Physiology of the human body!  On the following pages are tips and tricks that helped me to learn and understand some of the bodies systems as well as reflections from my learning process.  Hopefully I can shed some light on how I learned some of the most complicated concepts in A & P.


To start with I guess I should tell you that I'm a nursing student, so you can clearly see why the objectives listed here would be important knowledge for me to have.  Also, you should know that I am NOT what one would consider as technologically advanced, so this project was a tough one for me.  Honestly, this blog is my third go-round at this project (#&^$%^# - Expletive) because the last two attempts kind of bombed out due to my lack of computer knowledge!  So the bottom line is, although my attempts may seem extremely basic to those that are more advanced, THIS WAS HARD WORK FOR ME!  And in order to keep things both interesting and personal, you'll see notes on various slides in orange type that I refer to as Nurses Notes.  This is a general explanation of how the information relates to my chosen field and how it applies as a nurse!  Enjoy!

Nursing care comes in many forms.  Sometimes it is the ability to make someone feel physically comfortable by various means.  Other times it is the ability to improve the body's ability to achieve or maintain health.  But often it is an uncanny yet well honed knack to see beyond the obvious and address, in some way, the deeper needs of the human soul.  ~Donna Wilk Cardillo, A Daybook for Beginning Nurses

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I came across this by accident when checking up the pineal gland.
    Your blog here is actually GREAT!!
    You certainly have good Techno skills.
    Congratulations on your success and I know you will make a great nurse if you apply the same energies as this blog shows.
    regards

    ReplyDelete