Saturday, April 16, 2011

Objectives 36, 39, & 40 - Lymphatics and Immunity


Ok, I have to say, I loved this video!  They actually showed this to us in one of our nursing classes!  Alot of the students in the nursing program still have their last two sciences to take.  Let me state for the record, I would be struggling through this first semester if I didn't have the knowledge base that I've gained in Bio-211 this semester.  The bottom line is that in showing this video they were trying to impart the information that we took two or more lecture periods to learn in class. 

Nurses Note: A big thing that we learn about in our nursing fundamentals classes is handwashing!  You would think that this would be a pretty basic skill.  Unfortunately, nosocomial infections (or health care acquired infections) are one of the largest causes of infection being spread.  This simply comes down to healthcare professionals not properly cleaning their hands in a hospital setting.   

No comments:

Post a Comment