Saturday, April 16, 2011

Objective 42: Immunity

Distinguish non-specific, innate or natural immunity from specific or acquired immunity.........

Active vs. Passive & Natural vs. Artificial Humoral Immunity
Natural Acquired Active - Exposure to the disease
Artificial Acquired Active  - Immunizations
Natural Acquired Passive - From Mom (temporary)
Artificial Acquired Passive - Injected (temporary)


This is a brief passage from one of my nursing lecture outlines.  I immediately thought of my E-Portfolio project when I read this.  I think that this stuck with me because its such a simplistic breakdown of the information, yet it still works!  Sometimes we all hit a mental road-block (or two or three) during the course of a semester, and it takes short, direct, no-nonsense info to get the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment